|Date Posted||28th August 2023|
Flight Attendant Jobs
Cabin Crew Jobs
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia, and we’re looking for Cabin Crew to join our team. A team that's won the AirlineRatings.com Airline Excellence Award for Best Cabin Crew, five years in a row!
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create wonderful experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
And we need you (and your vibe) to help light up our cabins.
Who we’re looking for
Good humans. The best kind. Those with hospitality in their heart, and a spring in their step. The cool, calm, collected, happy to help, nothing’s too much trouble (but don’t test me), people loving, safety conscious, clear headed, charming, and down to earth cabin crew members.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be welcoming people onboard our aircraft (and seeing them off at the other end), giving clear, comprehensive safety briefings (and making sure everyone adheres to them). Naturally, you’ll be offering brilliant service to all our guests, helping those with special needs and requirements and making flying super fun for unaccompanied minors.
As part of our airline’s Cabin Crew, you’ll be working as part of a team, meeting new people, and seeing new places. Working in the aviation industry as a flight attendant means being able to handle things that are outside of your control (environmental factors, delays, emergencies etc). Your ability to remain calm and confident under pressure will go a long way towards making guests feel like they’re in good hands.
You’ll be great in this role if you...
- Are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have had consistent, regular employment for a minimum of 3 years in customer facing roles
- Have a passport (with at least 18 months left on it)
- Have a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate
- Have a current Australian First Aid and CPR certificate
- Can work a 24/7 rotating roster (including early starts, late finishes, weekends, public holidays and peak periods)
- Can reach up to a height of 180cm
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of credits per year)
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Free onsite physio
- Full uniform and staff parking
- Discounts on travel insurance, Virgin Australia Lounge membership, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Free support for your mental, physical, social and financial health through counselling and online resources.