|Date Posted||11th March 2021|
Alaska Seaplanes is dedicated to providing the highest standard of safety and customer service in Southeast Alaska. Alaska Seaplanes Line Pilots role is to operate flights safely and efficiently for all persons on board.
Working conditions include working both inside and outside, exposed to inclement weather. Length of the duty day varies seasonally, the longest duty day is fourteen hours not to exceed eight hours of flight time per day. Work hours vary seasonally starting as early as 4:00 am and as late as 11:00pm. Alaska Seaplanes operates seven days a week.
Physical demands that are essential to the job include standing, walking, bending, climbing up to aircraft. Lifting up to 60lbs routinely and safely, and occasionally heavier items, carrying boxes, bags and various objects. Sitting for extended periods of time. Requires stretching climbing bending and sitting for extended periods of time. Subject to loud noise and vibration, as well as other motion typical during flight.
- DHC-2 Beaver Type Rating: YES.
- Languages: English
- At least 18 years old;
- FAA Class 2 flight crew medical certificate;
- FAA CPL;
- The unrestricted right to live and work in the US;.
- 1500 hours of total flying experience;
- Meet the requirements of FAR 135.243b.1 and 61.159
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Knowledge of applicable FAA, and environmental regulations (noise abatement);
- Excellent vision and coordination;
- Strong communication skills required;
- Knowledge of simple arithmetic;
- Ability to perform service operations outside and in extreme temperatures and weather;
- Must be able to work at in a fast paced environment;
- Must possess the ability to fluently read, write, speak and understand English;
- Must be physically able to lift up to 60lbs routinely and safely, and occasionally heavier items;
- Be punctual, organized and clean appearance;
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Ability to work self-directed and within a team;
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary performance as a professional aviator;
- Must pass pre-employment FAA DOT drug test and participate in random drug testing;
- Basic computer skills.