|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||31st August 2023|
First Officer Jobs
Take your career to new heights with Europe's fastest-growing low-cost airline. With the expansion of Wizz Air destinations across Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, pilots will be joining Wizz Air at an exciting time rich in opportunities. The rapidly growing fleet of Airbus A320 and A321 aircraft is young, modern, and sustainable, carrying passengers on 800 routes to 191 destinations in 49 countries. This fleet is expected to triple over the next 10 years, providing career progression to ambitious and talented pilots, first officers, and direct entry captains. Wizz Air is committed to the development and well-being of its pilots, providing competitive salaries, industry-leading training, an indefinite and secure contract, and flexible and fixed flight rosters for improved work-life balance. Open up a world of opportunity with Wizz Air.
Airline Operator Certificate/Location is selected during the application process, this job advertisement is valid for all Wizz Air job locations.
If you would like to join our Flight Crew team as a Rated Airbus A320 First Officer, please see below the requirements for applying:
- Unrestricted right to live and work in the EU or Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Moldova, North Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom
- Valid EASA / UK CAA / GCAA UAE Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) or Commercial Pilot License (CPL)
- Valid ICAO Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) or Commercial Pilot License (CPL) - only for pilots applying to Wizz Air Abu Dhabi
- Valid Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Minimum 500 hours of multi-crew operation experience*
- Last flight within the preceding 6 months (preferred, not hard limit due to COVID-19 effects)
- Valid Instrument Rating (IR) on Airbus A320
- Minimum 300 hours on Airbus A320 in last 12 months (preferably in the last 12 months, not hard limit due to COVID-19 effects)
- ATPL theory completed (certificate or license endorsement as remark)
- ICAO level 4/5/6 English proficiency
NEW ROSTER PATTERNS AND LOYALTY & SIGN-ON BONUS
Some of the new roster patterns that are available are:
- 5 ON/4 OFF (1 REST + 3 OFF)
- 14 ON/7 OFF
- Flexible (local)
- Flexible (commuting)
- 15 ON/15 OFF
Those roster patterns are subject to availability at each base and they are offered from January 8th, 2024. 14 ON/7 OFF is available at our FCO, MXP, CLJ, CRA, and SCV bases from October 1st, 2023.
LOYALTY & SIGN-ON BONUS : (after three consecutive years or more) (for FO & SFO - sign-on bonus of 5,000 EUR, loyalty bonus of 25,000 EUR, and for CPT, sign-on bonus of 10,000 EUR and loyalty bonus of 40,000 EUR). The program will be available at specific bases which will be reviewed every year. This year, the loyalty bonus will be available in Craiova, Suceava, Iasi, Skopje and Kutaisi.
- Ultra-light aircraft, power gliders, simulator, and helicopter hours are excluded
- The type rating must have at least 6 months validity on the date of joining, as new candidates only complete an OPC on starting.
- ATPL theory certificate issued by any EASA / UK / GCAA CAA or entered into the license.
During the application process, you will need to have your:
- Resume/CV prepared in DOCX, PDF, Image, or Text format
- Cover/motivational letter prepared in DOCX, PDF, Image, or Text format if you wish to upload (optional)
- Passport scanned
- Flight Crew License scanned
- Class1 Medical License scanned
- A Pilot Logbook prepared, so you can enter your previous experience