|Location||Leeds, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||30th August 2023|
Reporting to the Operations Control Supervisor, the Operations Controller is responsible for monitoring and coordinating the operational flying programme. Ensuring that it is planned and operated safely and by all Company and statutory requirements, playing a vital role in the achievement of the Jet2.com ‘On Time Performance’ targets. This Operations Control Centre (OCC) operates across 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week. This role will work across a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (2 days, 2 nights, 4 off - 12 hours)
What will you do in the role?
The Operations Controller will provide a proactive approach to the daily supervision of the flying programme with particular attention to weather, aircraft serviceability, crewing status and other potential issues that may have an adverse impact. You will also;
- Develop effective communication channels with internal and external customers.
- Implement timely and appropriate recovery actions to maintain the programme's stability and minimise delays.
- The accuracy of information communicated and recorded is of the highest importance in this role, ensuring that all flight information, flight reports and statistics are up to date in the flight management system.
What are the key skills/experience you’ll already have?
The successful candidate will have previous experience working within an airline operations environment and have supervisory experience. You will also have:
- Excellent organisational skills with a methodical and considered approach to problem-solving.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of ‘On Time Performance’ with experience of working under your initiative and considerable pressure.
- You will be a supportive Team member, with a ‘Working as One Team’ approach to building relationships.
What can we offer you?
We offer our valued colleagues a range of benefits including:
- Free car parking
- Contributory pension scheme
- 29 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata dependent upon contracted hours)
- 3 x salary life assurance
- Generous discretionary profit share scheme
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Buy and sell of annual leave
- Career progression opportunities
- Access to mental health first aiders
- Employee assistance programme including professional counselling
- Annual pay review
- Colleague discounts on Jet2holidays and Jet2.com holidays and flights
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting, forward-thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and European Leisure Cities from our 10 UK bases.