|Location||UOX / LMS, MS|
|Date Posted||20th January 2022|
NICHOLAS AIR is adding a Parts Manager to our growing team. The Parts Manager is responsible for supplying Aircraft Maintenance Technicians with their parts and tool needs, and maintaining records associated with ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, and equipment in support of the 135 Operation/145 Repair Station.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the disposition of approved parts
- Responsible for the disposition of tool calibrations
- Initiates parts order requisitions when stock levels fall below minimum
- Maintains physical inventories for OSS stock, NICHOLAS AIR stock and Corr Aviation stock
- Produces shipping/receiving paperwork and systems input
- Maintains files to track parts and shipments
- Lift and move boxes up to 50 pounds throughout the day
- Maintain cycle counts
- Provide routine administrative support and answer incoming phone calls
- Incoming inspection on received parts per the FAA 145 repair station manual
- Ensures customers are billed correctly for parts used in maintenance of aircraft
- Track down cores and scrap at vendor partners and work with partners to retrieve the materials
- Receive and record materials
- Inspect parts for obvious damage, inspect paperwork for errors
- Ensure inventory summary is continually updated based on production jobs
- Verify Open Stock and Materials, keeping accurate documentation for product orders
- Request and record quotes/bids for parts and keeps current on availability to avoid delays in sourcing as needed
- Direct monthly product inventory, process verifications and keep spreadsheets up to date
- Record and maintain parts purchase records, which provide an audit trail on all purchases, including physical annual inventory of all parts
- Inspect shelf-life items and perform cycle counts
- Maintain cycle counts, printouts, and corrections
- Follow up with vendors for shipments and tracking numbers as required
- Manage freight as required, complete Hazmat shipping training as required
- Prepare and participate in yearly physical inventory
- Provide continuous improvement suggestions
- Maintain clean and safe work areas by keeping parts room neat and orderly, performing required housekeeping and provide updates as needed
- Work on a shift schedule and be part of weekend and late night on-call rotation providing AOG parts as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or GED; a year related experience and/or training is preferred
- Aviation experience highly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as P.O.s, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn new computer programs.
- Basic data entry skills required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 24-hour facility, required to work days, nights, & weekends on a Rotating Schedule
- This position is required to report daily to Oxford, MS Headquarters
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug testing
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must pass a background check
“We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.”