|Date Posted||19th August 2023|
This is a hybrid position; you will be required to work at the WestJet Campus in Calgary approximately 3-5 days / week
The Program Manager, Workers’ Compensation (WC) is a newly created role to build external relationships with the provincial WC Boards and collaborate internally to ensure effective WC program delivery. In partnership with Disability Management, Wellness & Reliability, Occupational Health & Safety (OHS), and People Relations teams, this individual will have subject matter oversight and own analytics, education, governance, and effectiveness of WestJet’s WC accounts nationally.
Driven by a strong sense of initiative, the Program Manager will complete an initial review of the current state, make recommendations to improve WestJet’s experience, and facilitate change. This individual is independent yet collaborative, has a high degree of resilience and perseverance, and have a proven track record of building programs that deliver results.
Key deliverables include:
- Account review – industry classifications, experience ratings, rates and premiums, surplus and penalties. Includes creating and fostering effective relationships with our AMs at each provincial board;
- Claim review – appeals, disputes, cost relief, best practice. Includes providing SME guidance on complex or contentious claims;
- Enroll key stakeholders in absenteeism and disability management strategies;
- Reporting – gather and analyze data, create reports and presentations, inform stakeholders, make recommendations for improvements and targets. Including feedback/ insights to OSH;
- Educate internal stakeholders, create content, facilitate learning, implement program/practice changes. Keep apprised of legislative changes to educate internally and inform changes to practices;
- Leverage existing technology to ensure data integrity to support measurable metrics and reporting needs;
- Initiate, maintain, and leverage key stakeholder relationships to facilitate sound and supported business partnering with mutual accountabilities for program delivery.
Experience and qualifications:
- 15+ years of experience of WCB claims’ experience, including In-depth knowledge of WCB legislation, policies, and practices (multiple provinces) related to both disability and account management;
- Knowledge of Canada Labour Code, Human Rights Act, and PIPEDA;
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Organizational and time management skills with proven ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work in a team environment with a strong customer focus;
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of human resources, leadership effectiveness, disability management, occupational health and safety, and rehabilitation;
- Awareness and understanding of employee relations issues relevant to health and wellness, workplace safety and disability management.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs