|Location||Charleston, South Carolina|
|Date Posted||11th July 2023|
First Officer Jobs
Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring Experienced First Officers - Join Us!
Breeze is looking for “Seriously Nice” Experienced First Officers to fly the A220 or E190/195 at the newest and nicest airline, Breeze Airways!
Breeze Airways First Officers are responsible for ensuring safe and timely flight operations in accordance with all Company policies and Federal Aviation Regulations. Our Pilots are overall Leaders who safely take care of our Team Members and Guests. They understand that our pursuit of excellence is not a destination, but rather, a journey.
New Pilot Pay Rates
A220 Pilot Pay RatesYear 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Captain $215 $237 $241 $243 $245 $248 $251 $253 $255 $257 $259 $280 Year 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 First Officer $105 $132 $137 $143 $149 $153 $158 $158 $158 $158 $158 $158
E190/195 Pilot Pay RatesYear 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Captain $205 $212 $215 $218 $221 $224 $227 $230 $232 $234 $236 $255 Year 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 First Officer $105 $122 $126 $131 $136 $139 $144 $144 $144 $144 $144 $144
Do you need ATP CTP?
Breeze will cover the costs of the ATP Certification Training Program, including the cost of the course, flights, and lodging.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Responsible for having a thorough working knowledge of the equipment operated, Federal Aviation Regulations governing the operation of this equipment as well as Company manuals, Operations Specifications, policies, and other instructions
- Responsible to the Captain for the proper planning of the flight in accordance with all applicable weather information and reports, applicable Company policies and FARs
- Responsible and qualified for the assigned flight. This includes flight and duty time limitations, training, proficiency checks, medical certificate, etc.
- Perform all duties the Captain may assign in flight
- The knowledge and ability to assess risk and use the proper resources to keep risk to an acceptable level during all phases of ground and flight operations
- Employs the CRM concept of “Assertiveness with Respect”
- Maintains a high degree of proficiency and a thorough knowledge of flight operations, procedures, and systems applicable to the aircraft flown
- Develops technically and professionally in preparation for transition to PIC
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Company
- Through completion of appropriate pre- and post-flight inspection, ensures the airworthy condition of assigned aircraft in accordance with Company policy and FARs
- Becomes familiar with existing and forecasted departure, arrival, and if applicable, alternate station weather prior to each flight
- Assists with and ensures proper handling of aircraft, passengers, baggage, and cargo at terminal points where other company personnel are not available
- Observe the Rules of Conduct for all team members as outlined in the Company Team Member Playbook and Pilot Playbook
Here’s what you need to be successful
- Must be at least 23 years old at the time of hire
- High school diploma or equivalent educational achievement
- Commercial Pilot Certificate with airplane multi engine and instrument ratings
- Must have a minimum of 500 hours through any combination of the following:
- 500 hours US FAR Part 121
- 500 hours of military PIC on a multiengine, turbine powered, fixed-wing airplane or powered-lift aircraft requiring more than one pilot
- Must maintain Pilot training history in accordance with the Pilot Records Improvement Act of 1996 (PRIA)
- Current First-Class FAA Medical Certificate
- Valid FCC Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport
- Must be able to travel unrestricted to and from the United States
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test
- Must pass a TSA required fingerprint-based criminal history records check and a Breeze background check
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- FAA Unrestricted Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate with airplane multi-engine class rating
- The ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products
- Ability to facilitate cooperative relationships between/among people and departments
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
Ejet Bases: CHS, MSY, ORF, PVU
A220 Bases: CHS, TPA, BDL, PVU, PVD
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam.