Personal data – what is it?
Personal data is (i) any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from those data, (ii) any data created by those individuals, and (iii) data relating to the relationship between those individuals and other persons which is in the possession of, or likely to come into the possession of, AeroJobs in connection with your possible work placements.
Who will be collecting your personal data?
AeroJobs is a job recruitment platform provider connecting job seekers and job recruiters.
Your personal data will be collected by AeroJobs to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
How will your data will be collected?
Generally, AeroJobs collects personal data directly from you via the following means:
- supply a CV or application form;
- fill out and submit a registration form;
- subscribe to job alerts emails;
- submit any other information in connection with your application for registration;
How we may use and disclose your personal data
- to provide your CVs to prospective employers or other recruitment companies or intermediaries involved in managing the supply of personnel;
- to match your details against job vacancies which AeroJobs feels may be appropriate for you in order to assess your suitability for them;
- to allow you submit your CV, apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to AeroJobs’ job alerts
- to market our recruitment services to you across all areas of the AeroJobs business;
- to answer your enquiries or questions; and
- for other purposes for which you have engaged AeroJobs.
Unless required or permitted to do so by law, AeroJobs will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of your personal data without your consent.
Security of your personal data
AeroJobs holds personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities.
We have security procedures in place to protect the personal data we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
AeroJobs uses a number of processes to protect your personal data including:
- locks and security systems;
- computer passwords and limited access to shared network drives to authorised staff;
- virus checking;
- auditing procedures and data integrity checks;
- recording of file movements;
- security classification to identify data needing special protection.
AeroJobs will keep your personal data no longer than necessary. It will appropriately dispose of your personal data when it is no longer required or if you ask to be removed from our systems so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
You can request access to your data
You may request access to any personal data AeroJobs holds about you in accordance with the applicable law.
However, we are not always required to provide you with access to all of your personal data on request.
We may refuse your access to certain personal data in a number of circumstances, such as where denying access is required or authorised by applicable law.
If we deny your request for access it will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
Keeping your personal data up to date
AeroJobs takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date.
We may also contact you from time to time to check that the data is still correct. However, please let us know of any changes to your details as soon as you reasonably can in order for us to maintain the accuracy of information held on you.
If you believe that personal data AeroJobs holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If we are unable to agree that the personal data it holds about you is accurate, complete and up to date, you may apply to competent court for an order for rectification, blocking, erasure or destruction.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us in this regard, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information, such as a unique identifier and the site name.
AeroJobs also uses ‘analytical’ cookies to help us improve the way our website works, for example, by making sure users are able to find what they need easily.
Clicking on links and banner advertisements and RSS feeds may result in your transfer to another website, where data privacy practices may be different to that of AeroJobs. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these privacy policies as AeroJobs accepts no responsibility for and has no control over them or any information or data collected by or for them.
How to contact us:
If you wish to gain access to or correct your personal data or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, please contact: