|Date Posted||28th June 2023|
About Fly Arna
Fly Arna - Armenian National Airlines - invites you to explore a career with us and the serve the community with a passion for excellence.
Fly Arna, is a joint venture between Armenia National Interests Fund (ANIF) and Air Arabia Group, the leading low-cost carrier (LCC).
To conduct assigned flights in accordance with the detailed provisions of Company Operational Manual and in compliance with the CAA related regulations. He/she must ensure ultimate safety, security, and efficiency are achieved throughout all operated flights; supports and guides the flight/cabin crew, handle emergencies and ad-hoc scenarios effectively, and takes control over the flight to ensure successful performance and positive corporate image.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Flies the aircrafts from one destination to another in accordance with the given schedules and approved flight plans; carries his/her duties and acts as the ultimate responsible for the aircraft during the assigned flights taking into account the following key factors, in order of priority: Safety, Efficiency & Passenger comfort
- Ensures that assigned flights are conducted in accordance with the detailed provisions of the Company Operations Manual and regulations. At all times, implements, monitors and maintains the procedures necessary to ensure the safe and smooth operation of the aircraft undertaken.
- Ensures timely attendance, proper grooming, fitness and legality of self and Flight Crew for the assigned flights. Conducts pre- flight “Briefing” to ensure members are acknowledged with flight details; continuously ensures briefing is properly done prior to each action as per the adopted procedures.
- Liaises with co-pilots (First Officer and Second Officer) and Dispatch Team prior to each flight ensuring flight/cabin crew members are well prepared and provided with required information, this includes aircraft technical status, route preferences, weather, fuel, weight, distribution of roles, etc.
- Ensures, within the safety constraints as detailed in the relevant sections of the Company Operations Manual, that the aircraft is flown so as to make most efficient and effective use of fuel during the flight.
- Ensures the required safety, security, fuel, and transit checks are carried for each flight by the Flight/Cabin assigned crew members before, during and post each flight. Takes necessary action and directs the crew on how to react in case of safety or security irregularities; decides on escalations if needed.
- Cooperates with the Maintenance Engineers to confirm the aircraft technical status and ensure its suitability to fly; seeks the support of MCC and MROs to raise possible concerns and identify any defects or technical issues; implements the rectification or corrective measure immediately where applicable.
- Makes sure all the needed documents and technical logs are loaded with necessary accurate data as per Company and CAA regulations and adopted procedures. This includes the technical log book, journey book, boarding sheets, reports, etc.
- Ensures that the Company Operations Manual is distributed, accounted for, maintained, kept up to date, understood and complied with by Flight Crew.
- Keeps himself/herself up-to-date with the legal requirements of the different regulatory bodies such as Civil Aviation, Airbus Company and any other relevant regulatory body relating to flights and Flight Crew.
- Undertakes additional, ground based tasks such as Safety Officer or Security Officer, as directed by the Head of Flight Operations and in accordance with the provisions of Part A of the company Operations Manual.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Appropriate CPL/ATPL (preferred) License.
- He/she must pass the technical/psychometric assessment for Pilots as per Company/CAA standards.
- He/she must pass the Medical Fitness check-up carried for the Pilots as per Company/CAA standards.
- Training in safety and emergency response is essential – a formal qualification is an advantage.
- Basic Airport, security procedures and regulations training is an advantage.
- Crew Resources Management Training is considered an advantage.
- IATA principles & standards relating to security is an advantage.
- Proficient in Aircraft systems, proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and Web Search.
- Very good in written and verbal communication skills, Technical reports writing, presentations, etc.
- Very good in English Language
- Proficiency in Russina and Armenian Languages are an advantage.
Captian (PIC) Experience:
Command hours should only include time when operating as the nominated Pilot-in-Command (PIC)
- Minimum of 800 hrs PIC on A320 family.
- Minimum of 4000 hrs total flying experience.
- Trainers with TRE/ TRI/ LTC experience will be given preference.
First Office/ SIC Experience:
- Minimum of 750hrs SIC on A320 family
- ATPL is preferred.
- Valid licenses, valid medical and Valid IR
- Valid Class 1 Medical
- Valid English Language Proficiency (ELP) certification
- Experience with low cost airline is highly desirable.
- Possesses acceptable industry knowledge in aircraft systems and operating procedures.
- He/she must possess needed knowledge and exposure to handle any other role delegated to him/her such as security or safety related roles as required by the Company and CAA regulations.
- Exposure to QA/Safety/Security/Audit procedures and practices related to and affecting Flight Operations.
- Capable of implementing policies, procedures and manuals as per approved standards and regulations.
- Composed, self-confident and focused, capable of handling emergencies and threats with efficiency.
- Cost-oriented, possesses effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- Employs technical expertise and interpersonal relations to support company’s objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.