|Date Posted||22nd August 2023|
Aircraft Systems Coordinator
Preferred experience with G700 systems, testing, and troubleshooting.
Preferred experience in Solumina 2, SmarTeam, Catia, and My 3D.
Education and Experience Requirements
Associate's Degree in Aviation Avionics or related field required or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the job's essential functions. Engine run qualification desirable. 8 years of Avionics/Electrical/Mechanical experience.
. 3 years of leadership/supervisory experience. A&P (FAA Airframe and Powerplant) license is required.
Working in a leadership role, responsible for the verification/performance of avionics, electrical, and mechanical aircraft systems in accordance with engineering documentation, including but not limited to; cockpit and cabin checkout, mechanical ASC installs, outside operations, and aircraft preflight/recovery.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Functions: Responsible for checkout/test for all aircraft systems, including Outside Flight operations, physical examination of aircraft components, and appropriate documentation. Responsible for sign-off before the aircraft is released for flight.
- Attends PDR and Project Reviews for assigned aircraft. Identifies new installations/components required. for each aircraft and initiates written plans to mitigate risk.
- Coordinates with ME or Test Engineering Specialist, ensuring that a formal test plan/checklist is in place to comply with company standards and specifications. Provides sufficient details on Test Plan/checklist to allow for daily work assignments. Develops and promotes the use of written processes and procedures where possible to have a consistent interpretation of results and application of information.
- Responsible for assigned Critical Path milestones such as checkout for cockpit or cabin. Drives/leads daily work tasks and maintains daily schedule status Utilizes established tools/metrics on aircraft status boards to communicate team performance.
- Assigns team to work off-shifts as required. to support the overall schedule and team in cases where efficiencies can be realized.
- Ensures daily accountability of the team. Verifies progress by routinely inspecting work and corresponding drawings progressively bought off.
- Improves work processes/performance to reduce: (1) Quality defects, (2) labor hours, and (3) Cycle time.
- Reviews and monitors open actions such as discrepancies and drawings and ensures resolution on time.
- Maintains ship status via log books (i.e., R&I Log, Travelers, Test Specs, CMP).
Additional Functions: Outside operations to include engine run.
- Ensures individual training requirements of team members are maintained.
- Leads 5S program and related continuous improvement programs.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: Daily communication is required. with team members and support organization members to ensure concerns are addressed and barriers removed in support of the daily work plans.
- Daily Engineering interface as it relates to technical issue resolution and the ability to influence their support while maintaining a team-based environment.
- Must possess the people skills to address individual performance issues.
- Must be able to address and resolve sensitive personnel issues with the support of the HR department.
- Ensures safe work practices are followed inside and outside the aircraft. This will be especially emphasized in flight preparation and recovery.
- Overtime may be required. and is expected as necessary to meet overall expectations.