|Date Posted||8th June 2023|
First Officer Jobs
- Now hiring for First Officers
- Variety of bases in Australia
- Minimum of 12 rostered days off per 28-day roster period
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
Our expression of interest has closed and we’re now actively recruiting Pilots to join our team as a First Officers on the Boeing 737 Fleet.
Be part of a success story that is getting better day by day. We’re driven by our ambition to be Australia’s most loved airline – with additional aircraft joining the fleet each month, additional routes being launched regularly, and recent monthly passenger volumes that have exceeded pre-pandemic levels.
Why join now
This is a role for commercial pilots who are motivated by having outstanding work-life balance and being part of an airline with bases in major Australian locations. You’ll also appreciate...
- Our growing fleet of Boeing aircraft, including Next-Generation 737-8 and 737-10
- A minimum of 12 rostered days off per 28-day roster period
- Flexible roster options, including full-time, 75% or 50% load hours
- Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney bases available
- Opportunities to move into Training and Checking roles
- Long-term career pathways with a growing, Australian airline
- Growing international network with Japan, New Zealand and Pacific Islands confirmed and further expansion expected.
As a Virgin Australia employee, you’ll access our extensive benefits including heavily discounted travel for you and your loved ones on our network and international airline partners, discounts on insurance, car hire, accommodation, and insurance worldwide and a range of wellness support including a confidential Employee Assistance Program and the Better Me digital wellbeing platform.
You’ll be great in this role if you have…
- A current Australian ATPL or Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) and passes in all Australian ATPL theory subjects
- Australian Instrument Rating with MEA, IAP 2D and IAP 3D endorsement
- English language proficiency Level 6
- A valid Australian Class 1 Medical Certificate
- MCC Certificate
- Have the following relevant experience:
- Have a minimum total flight time of 500 hours with 300 hours in command of a powered fixed wing aircraft (excluding ICUS), that includes 200 hours in command of a multi engine aircraft (excluding ICUS), or
- Have a minimum total flight time of 500 hours with 300 hours in command of a turbine powered fixed wing aircraft, or
- Have a minimum total flight time of 500 hours on aircraft certified for operation by a crew of at least 2 pilots (multi-crew aircraft).
We’re now actively recruiting and processing applications quickly. Apply today so one of our team can be in touch.