|20th November 2020
Flight Instructor Jobs
Certified Flight Instructor
Certified Flight Instructor / Instructor Pilot
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris. com
L3 Doss Aviation is hiring a full-time Certified Flight Instructor for our Initial Flight Training (IFT) Program for the United States Air Force (USAF) located in Pueblo, CO. The Certified Flight Instructor provides training, evaluates performance and serves as a mentor/professional developer to new military aviators.
- Conducting training (ground and flight duties) in accordance with the applicable USAF Air Education and Training Command (AETC) Syllabus and FAA training requirements.
- Providing ground instruction on aircraft systems, training maneuvers, procedures and other flight related subjects.
- Training and screening pilot, combat system officer, remotely piloted aircraft pilot and international military student pilot candidates.
- Conducting preflight/post flight-debriefings and providing in-flight instruction to ensure students have a thorough understanding and comprehension of the training materials.
- Executing military-style flight training instruction, which consists of basic flight tasks and maneuvers including steep turns, slow flight, stalls, area emergency procedures, ground reference maneuvers, normal patterns, emergency patterns, clock-to-map-to-ground navigation, pilotage and dead reckoning.
- Completing electronic gradebook entries to insure syllabus requirements are met.
- Education: High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Experience: 1 - 2 Years
- License(s)/Certificate(s): Current FAA CFI Certificate w/ Airplane Single Engine Land Privileges
- Minimum requirements: 100 dual hours instruction given, Class III Medical
- Preferred: Recent Military Undergraduate Flight Training experience as a fully qualified instructor or fully qualified flight instructor teaching technologically advanced aircraft in large Part 141 flight school.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office
- Working conditions include outdoors, hangar, office, ramp, aircraft, classroom
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbsL3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Primary Location USA-Colorado-Pueblo