|Location||Kennesaw, GA, GA|
|Date Posted||12th December 2022|
FlightWorks, Inc. is hiring a Chief Pilot based in Kennesaw, Georgia and offering a signing bonus of $10,000. This is a great opportunity to join one of the most trusted management companies in the industry with career growth potential. Must reside in or be willing to locate to Northwest Georgia.
FlightWorks is not your typical aircraft management company. Our core values focus on Safety, Compliance and Service. As an example, all of our flight crews receive real prospective duty and rest assignments every duty day. We do not believe in the 24/7/365 on-call scheduling that so many other companies offer. Safety and FAA compliance are our top priorities, with exceptional service being a close second! Please see below for more details on our benefits package.
The Chief Pilot reports to the Director of Operations and supervises flight crewmembers, and cabin managers, ensuring that all flight operations are conducted safely and to the highest degree of professionalism and in accordance with all appropriate Federal Aviation Regulations. The Chief Pilot will maintain the highest level of safety, service and standards for operating under Federal Aviation Regulations Part 91, 125, & 135. The Chief Pilot shall meet all requirements under 14 CFR 119.71.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes approved company ground and flight training programs for flight crewmembers, check airmen, instructors and other operations personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining training programs, systems, aids, and devices.
- May be delegated Operational Control authority by the Director of Operations according to company systems of accountability and authorization, as amended.
- Exercises operational control over company aircraft and is authorized to dispatch pilots and aircraft on FAR Part 135 flights.
- Authorized to initiate, amend, and sign for operations specifications and operating certificate.
- Ensures that aircraft and equipment are available for training pilots and directs the training and testing of flight crewmembers.
- Trains and directs personnel to meet the requirements of current Operations Manual and Company manuals.
- Ensures company goals and senior management directions are being communicated to flight crewmembers and operations staff.
- Establishes customer service standards, with guidance from the Director of Operations and senior Company management, and maintains responsibility for flight crewmember, cabin manager, and operations personnel standardization.
- Assists the Director of Operations in formulating operating policies and standards.
- Monitors and advises the Director of Operations on the status of flight operations, the training of flight crewmembers, and maintains responsibility for flight crewmember standardization.
- Prepares and maintains pilot proficiency records, flight schedules, correspondence pertaining to operations and training activities, and maintains flight and duty records according to FAR’s and company policies.
- Provides information to flight crewmembers, cabin managers and operation personnel that is appropriate to their assigned duties.
- Notifies the local FSDO when ground and/or flight training is to occur.
- Ensures that all company pilots conform to standard procedures as outlined in applicable FAR’s
and company operating procedures.
- Ensures that pilots maintain current route qualifications and that they receive their required proficiency checks.
- Maintains current aircraft checklists and profiles.
- Ensures that an appropriate flight kit is onboard company aircraft.
- Ensure that pertinent and current navigational charts are available for each company flight.
- Must be highly knowledgeable in Company Manuals, Federal Aviation Regulations, Operations Specifications, Aircraft Flight Manuals, and other documents and data pertaining to these duties.
- May be delegated as an Operations Manager by the Manager of Safety and Security according to the company SMS and systems of accountability, as amended.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Will be held accountable for safety, security and quality results.
This job description is intended as a guideline for the duties of the Chief Pilot position for FlightWorks. The duties, responsibilities or qualifications in this job description may be modified, changed, expanded, reduced or altered at any time without prior notice by the President of FlightWorks as may be deemed appropriate.
Because FlightWorks cares about the health and well-being of our employees and their families, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Full-Time Employee Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Medical and dental insurance
- Prescription drug plan
- Vision care plan
- Healthcare Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic life and accidental death insurance, with optional elective coverage
- Optional spouse and dependent life insurance
- Short-term disability coverage and basic long-term disability insurance, with optional “buy-up” coverage
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft insurance
- Pet Insurance
Time Away From Work
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay (qualified employees)
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
- College education preferred.
- Must possess an ATP certificate with appropriate ratings and be qualified to serve as Pilot in Command on at least one aircraft used on the FlightWorks Air Carrier Certificate.
- A broad range of flight experience, extensive aviation operational experience, management capability and business
- Must have a broad range of experience in Operations, Training, and must understand the regulatory requirements of a Part 135 Air Carrier Certificate holder as described in FARs Parts 1, 61, 91, 119, and 135.
- Must be highly knowledgeable in Company Manuals, Federal Aviation Regulations, Operations Specifications, Aircraft
Flight Manuals, Training Fundamentals and other documents and data pertaining to the duties listed above.
Skills and Training:
- Must be highly organized, maintain an ability to work quickly, accurately and effectively under deadlines and display an
innate ability to lead groups by example and performance.
- Must demonstrate industry knowledge in all areas of the Operations Department with the ability to educate, guide, motivate and instill others within the organization to achieve high standards and success.
- Must demonstrate excellent people skills with the ability to motivate, inspire, mentor, and create a team atmosphere
in the workplace and build pride within the organization.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, management and organizational skills, as well as an understanding of multi-disciplinary programs; must possess effective consultative as well as managerial skills.
- Strong leadership, management and organizational skills, as well as understanding of multi-disciplinary programs; effective consultative as well as managerial skills.
- Ability to select, develop and motivate people and create a positive work environment. Highly organized, maintain an ability to work quickly, accurately and effectively under deadlines and display an innate ability to lead groups by example; working
long and irregular hours and under pressure conditions; must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Equipment To Be Used:
- Must be familiar with aircraft performance and weight and balance systems, flight planning and handling programs, and other current industry hardware and software which support the dispatch of corporate aircraft.
- Must demonstrate an intermediate ability to use computers and computer software, including an intermediate degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be familiar with company flight scheduling software, prospecting software, and any current network software being
utilized by the company.
- Must be technically oriented to manipulate company iPads, smartphones, fax machines, copiers and other equipment currently used during daily office activities.
Typical Physical Requirements:
- Must hold and be able to maintain a FAA First Class Medical Certificate.
- Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching.
- Requires manual dexterity, sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, the telephone and other office equipment.
- Must be physically capable of sitting for extended periods daily and cope with unpredictable work hours and on-call requirements as dictated by the constantly changing flight schedule.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision required for a FAA First Class Medical Certificate.
- Must be physically capable of lifting small items not to exceed fifty (50) pounds.
Typical Mental Requirements:
- Must possess the mental calmness required to effectively handle abnormal and challenging situations that may arise during the normal course of business.
- Must have the ability to maintain situational awareness with several layers of input data and visualize solutions using multiple sources of contributing information.
- Must be able to maintain accuracy and exceptional work product results in a constantly changing and distracting environment with the potential for numerous priority changes.
- Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure and within established timelines.
- Must be capable of dealing with employee personnel issues with discretion, sensitivity, and objectiveness.
- Must professionally and successfully relate and interact with people at all levels in the Company.
- Personal maturity is a critically important attribute.
- Frequent unpredictable work hours and on-call requirements as dictated by the constantly changing flight schedule.
- Work in an environment with possible exposure to aircraft noise.
- Travel on company business when required.
- Duties may change or be increased or decreased with the constantly evolving complexity of the Flight Operations Department.
This job description does not constitute a contract for employment. This is a Safety Sensitive position and is subject to Random Drug and Alcohol testing.