|27th June 2023
First Officer Jobs
Take off to your next destination
At Avianca we know that WE ARE GOING TO WIN! with talented, fun people who learn quickly, who are motivated by challenges and who enjoy working in diverse and inclusive environments.
The challenges of the airline industry and the results that we have set out to achieve by 2025 are the perfect scenario for those who have set out to develop new capabilities, refine their strengths and be part of the pride of being Avianca.
These are the details of the vacancy that we offer you to be part of our team:
Its Objective is: Support, complement and represent the Pilot. Act as second-in-command, safe and efficient execution of assigned flights.
Safety, reliability, friendliness and simplicity are the values necessary to assume these responsibilities:
- Develop cabin functions in accordance with established standards and procedures and with the operations manual.
- In the performance of his duties, he reports directly to the Pilot in command of the aircraft. Being the second authority on board, throughout the flight he must inform the commander about any particular factor that may have happened and make the pertinent recommendations in a timely manner.
- Represent the commander in those functions that he delegates.
- Assume command in case the commander is unable to continue the flight due to illness or other reason (Simple Crew). This function ends when landing is complete and all passengers have disembarked.
The requirements for the position are:
- Commercial Airplane Pilot PCA License and/or Line Transport Pilot PTL
- 200 certified flight hours
- Minimum work experience of six months, not necessarily in the aeronautical field
- Valid swimming certificate
- Complete vaccination scheme including COVID -19
- Current medical certificate
- English Level 4 ICAO
- Valid American visa
- Valid passport
- Minimum age 21 years