|Date Posted||9th June 2023|
First Officer Jobs
- NEW BRISBANE BASE OPENING 2023!
- REVISED minimum hours for Direct Entry First Officer
- Full time permanent positions based in Brisbane, Melbourne & Sydney
- Flexible work environment and opportunity for growth and development
Qantas Freight is on an exciting journey of growth and are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified pilots who have a genuine desire to join our freighter operations.
Express Freighters Australia (EFA) is Qantas Freight’s wholly owned subsidiary freighter management company. Proudly flying in Qantas Freight livery, we provide aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance services to Australian air Express and Qantas Freight on long term contracts. Qantas Freight operates the A321, B737, B767 and soon the A330 aircraft.
Qantas Freight will take delivery of two converted A330 freighters by the end of 2023, adding significant capacity to our domestic and international freight network, allowing us to carry up to 50 tonnes of freight on each flight.
Last year Qantas Freight delivered 116,000 tonnes of freight across the world and carried ~26,000 tonnes of freight across our domestic, regional and international network during the Christmas period. That’s an increase on 2021’s record Christmas and up more than 50 per cent on our average monthly uplift.
The expertise of our pilots has contributed greatly to our international reputation for safety. Qantas Freight Flight Training plays a vital part in this outstanding reputation by providing aircrew with skills that go beyond standard aviation requirements.
To be eligible for consideration you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 1000 hrs total aeronautical experience Including;
- 500 hours in Command of a multi engine fixed-wing aeroplane (excluding ICUS), or
- 250 hours in Command of a fixed-wing aeroplane (excluding ICUS) and a minimum of 500 hours First Officer time during multi engine turbine RPT operations, or
- 250 hours in Command of a multi engine fixed-wing aeroplane and 500 hours in Command of rotary wing aircraft (excluding ICUS)
- Multi-crew Cooperation Course (Preferred)
- An Australian ATPL (A) or an Australian CPL (A) with passes in all Australian ATPL Theory subjects
- Australian Multi-Engine Aeroplane Instrument Rating with 2D and 3D endorsements
- Current CASA Class 1 medical
- ICAO English Language Proficiency Level 6
- The ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol Test
- The ability to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is required for this position
- A current passport with unrestricted access to all Qantas ports of call with at least 12 months validity
- Applications will only be considered from candidates who have the right to work in Australia / New Zealand without restriction or sponsorship
Flying into our regular freight ports can be challenging and complex, so feeling supported by a close-knit team can mean the world. We’re a social bunch who have a family at work, just as much as we do at home. Our domestic network operates weekday night flights only, allowing our pilots a great work-life balance. While flying by night can be challenging you’ll experience interesting flying and wonderful camaraderie.
You’ll be exposed to limitless opportunities as a Qantas Freight pilot. With significant fleet growth planned, stay with us and you’ll have opportunities to climb the ranks, or alternatively you can choose to explore different paths within the Qantas Group.
Qantas Freight have also kicked off a trial of an electric main deck pallet loader at Sydney’s T1 Terminal. The project is part of a broader commitment to transition to electric ground servicing equipment (eGSE). The electric main deck pallet loader, and potentially other electric ground service equipment, will play a pivotal role in creating a sustainable future for freight and delivering against the Group’s 2050 net zero emissions target. This is another great step on Qantas Freight’s journey to invest in sustainable business practices and lead the way in sustainable airfreight.
We’ve worked hard to create a culture that will challenge and excite you – and give you the support you need to really go places. Here, everyone’s treated with the respect they deserve. And everyone has the potential to make the most of their skills.
The Qantas Group is a network of equal opportunity employers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, to apply.