|Location||Palm Beach, Florida|
|Date Posted||13th July 2023|
First Officer Jobs
JOB DESCRIPTION: FIRST OFFICER – Caravan C-208
FLSA STAUS: EXEMPT
REPORT TO: CHIEF PILOT, DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Southern Airways Corporation has been conducting charter operations under Part 135 since 2012 and added Essential Air Service operations in 2016. In 2019 we added Mokulele Airlines to the company, flying intra-island in Hawai‘i. We operate under Southern Airways Express and Mokulele Airlines.
Our route structure enables most pilots to be home every day during their workweek, along with flexibility on schedules.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Current FAA pilot license: Commercial with Instrument.
- Single and Multi-engine land.
- At least 6 months as a pilot.
- 500 hours minimum; 100 Cross Country, 25 of which are night; 50 hours turbine OR 75 hours instrument.
- Current FAA first class medical certificate (certificate must be current prior to training)
- Radio Operators Certificate
- Valid US Passport (Needed for CASS)
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S per the Immigration Act of 1986.
- Must pass 10-year background check and pre-employment drug screen per airline and/or company regulations.
- 65 Block Hours per month guarantee – begins first day of training class.
- Pay Structure: $12 per block hour for under 600 hours; $18 per block hour for 600-900 hours; $21 per block hour for over 900 hours
- Hotel accommodations during training. Training is approximately 25 days.
- 12-Month $17,500 Training Contract required.
- Paid training.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance available with the company paying most of the costs. Life Insurance Policy - $50,000 fully paid for by the company.
- $35 flat rate per diem when on an overnight away from assigned base.
- CASS Participant.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Where permitted by applicable law, employees must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or weekly negative COVID-19 test results. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with a legal exemption. Regardless of vaccination status, current regulations require all individuals on all airport grounds to wear a mask at all times when not actively eating or drinking.
Southern Airways Corporation/Mokulele Airlines is an EEO/AAP employer and as such all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race or disability.