|Date Posted||25th August 2023|
First Officer Jobs
The First Officer is responsible for ensuring a safe journey and a positive experience for all of our guests while continually maintaining a high level of professionalism. This is a union-represented position.
- Perform as Second in Command in the transport of passengers, mail, freight, or for other commercial purposes.
- Comply with Federal Aviation Regulations, Company Flight Procedures, and Company Policies on scheduled flights and routes to ensure safety of flight.
- Conduct business in a professional manner and demeanor at all times.
- Operate Company aircraft adhering to established Qualification Standards and all Flight Manual operating procedures and policies.
- Communicate with all required agencies and personnel while adhering to Company Communication Practices.
- Must know commensurate with the holder of airline transport pilot certificate and know all aspects of applicable FARs and AIM.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Minimum of 1,500 hours of total documented flight time.
- Minimum of 500 hours of fixed-wing turbine time (airplane and powered lift combined).
- A current First Class FAA medical certificate.
- FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument - Airplane.
- All aeronautical experience requirements for an ATP, Airplane category rating, as outlined in 14 CFR §61.159.
- Current ATP written exam.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Must possess and/or obtain a current passport with unlimited access in and out of the United States. Employees with non-U.S. passports also will need any appropriate travel documentation.
- Excellent judgment, leadership skills, demonstrated command ability and maturity.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must be comfortable with a domicile in Seattle, WA; Los Angeles, CA; Anchorage, AK; Portland, OR; or San Francisco, CA.
- Minimum 23 years of age.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- An FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate.
- 500 hours of multi-engine airplane time.
- Minimum of 50 hours of flight time within the last 12 months.
- Four-year degree from an accredited university
- Monthly pay guarantee: 70 hours
- Reserve pay guarantee: 75 hours (long call); 79 hours (short call)
- First year pay rate: $100 (per contract)