|Location||5627 E Rutter Avenue, Spokane, Washington|
|Date Posted||18th July 2022|
Flight Instructor Jobs
Location: Felts Field (KSFF), Spokane, WA
Reports to: Director of Operations
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Position Classification: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt.
Parkwater Aviation provides the highest level of pilot and mechanic training for the Kodiak 100 aircraft in initial, recurrent, transition, differences, and specialty training. We strive to prepare Kodiak pilots to operate their aircraft effectively and safely in a wide variety of environments and situations. Our instructors have extensive knowledge in flight and maintenance roles including thousands of hours of flight and instructional experience.
• Instructs in the classroom (in person or online), simulator, and aircraft in subjects as assigned, including but not limited to aircraft systems, normal and emergency procedures, and aeronautical decision-making
• Teaches assigned courses to the completion standards outlined in company’s training curriculum
• Conducts pre and post flight briefings and delivers evaluation feedback to ensure quality comprehensive learning has occurred
• Identifies client training issues and works with supervisor for resolution
• Administers and evaluates written exams
• Manages the execution of the training environment using presentation media and required reference materials
• Acts as a subject matter expert in curriculum/courseware
• Completes accurate client-specific training records
• Assists with curriculum development and courseware updates
• Supports the department’s continuous improvement efforts
• Attends all internal and external meetings as assigned
• Reports any discrepancies, concerns, non-compliance, regulatory issues that occur with the simulator and courseware
• Complies with all company policies
• Keeps apprised of applicable regulations and advisory notices
• Prepares and performs specific duties or projects as assigned
• Instructional experience
• Customer service and quality mindset
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Ability to identify client concerns during ground or flight courseware and provide recommendations
• Ability to work as a team player with strong and positive interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Technical writing skills
• Maintain required currency and proficiency in the aircraft
• Maintain required certifications, including medical
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (or 4 – 6 years relevant experience)
• Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic (or minimum of 3 years relevant experience)
• Turboprop operational experience
• Commercial Pilot – Airplane Single Engine Land (ASEL) with Instrument Rating
• Current FAA Medical Certificate or equivalent
• Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) or equivalent
• Certified Flight Instructor – Instrument (CFII)
This job operates in numerous environments including but not limited to an office, classroom, aviation hangar, simulator bay and aircraft cockpit. This role routinely uses standard office and aviation equipment and tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, and type. This position will frequently stand, walk, and navigate stairs, use hands and fingers to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. This position is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. The employee may work near moving mechanical parts; in high precarious places; be exposed to extreme weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
8-hour shift; Monday through Friday. Evenings and weekends as the workload demands.
Ability to travel periodically
Dependent upon qualifications and experience
Parkwater Aviation offers competitive compensation; medical, dental, and vision benefits; Section 125 benefit; and paid time off.
No reloc package.
How to apply
Complete employment application, attach cover letter, resume, and three professional references and submit to Training@parkwateraviation.com. Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check.
Screening begins immediately and open until filled.
No phone calls or walk ins.
Parkwater Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.