|Date Posted||17th July 2023|
Tradewind Aviation is a leading Part 135 commuter and on-demand private charter operator with operational bases at the Waterbury/Oxford, CT (OXC), Westchester, NY (HPN) and San Juan, PR (SJU) airports. Founded by aviation enthusiasts in 2001 on premise that all flights deserve the highest quality aircraft, crew and service, Tradewind provides personal air travel—both private and scheduled service—throughout North America and the Caribbean.
For more details, visit www.flytradewind.com
Tradewind Pilatus PC-12 Pilots are responsible for safe and efficient flight operations as part of a formal two-pilot crew. Tradewind Pilots are aviation professionals who maintain the highest standards of safety and customer service
- Competitive Salary established pay scale including yearly increases and bonuses
- Most pilots earn well above the starting salary
- Starting Salary: $70,000 a year
- Volunteer Pay: PIC - $1,000 per day
- Per Diem: $3.21 Domestic and International per duty hour
- Overnight Pay: $20 Domestic, $30 International
- Flight Duty Pay: All legs flown over leg 6 is an additional $125 per leg
Team Member Benefits:
- United Healthcare Three-tear Medical PPO, Prescription, Vision, Dental (after 60 days)
- Available Flexible Spending Healthcare Account – Medical and Dependent Care
- Global Emergency Services
- PREFERRED RATES AND GUARANTEED ISSUE FOR: Voluntary Accident, Life Insurance, Critical Illness, and Legal Plans
- 401K Plan with Tradewind Aviation matching team member contributions
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, maternity/paternity, bereavement days with vacation sell back (18 vacation, 6 sick days a year – starting first year)
- Standby travel on select Tradewind scheduled flights
- ZED fair travel is available on Delta, JetBlue, United, Spirit, and several other major & regional airlines (after 6 months)
- Discounts on hotels, rental cars, wireless, shipping, and more
- Company paid uniforms
- Paid housing when relocated away from base
- Cockpit Access Security System (CASS)
- Known Crewmember (KCM) - available for purchase by team member
- Pilots keep all hotel and frequent flyer points
- High School Diploma or GED
- Aviation Related College Degree preferred, but not required
Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses & Document Requirements:
- Valid unrestricted driver's license
- Valid unrestricted passport
- FAA First Class Medical
- FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate - Airplane Single-Engine Land (ASEL)
- FAA Instrument Rating
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit
Experience & Professional Skills:
- 1,200+ hours total time, 1,500+ hours preferred
- 500 hours cross country (point to point)
- 75 hours instrument
- 100 hours night
- 100 hours of PC-12 experience, preferred
- Current IFR knowledge and experience
- Previous customer service experience
Work Environment & Culture Skills:
- Basic MS Office knowledge, computer software & internet proficiency.
- Able to speak, read, understand, and write English.
- A motivated, resourceful, energetic, organized individual and able to manage and be managed.
- Someone who is reliable, and punctual.
- Able to respect and maintain confidentiality while ethical, trustworthy with sensitive information.
- Service oriented and able to work at a fast pace and handle stress and problematic issues well with a good attitude.
- Able to communicate effectively and work within a team-focused environment.
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships and respectful of diverse populations and cultures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Load and unload aircraft as necessary.
- Moderate to heavy lifting is required (up to 70lbs).
- Operation bases in Waterbury–Oxford Airport - Oxford, CT (OXC), Westchester County Airport - White Plains, NY (HPN), Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport - Carolina, Puerto Rico (SJU), and Stuart, FL - Witham Field (SUA).
- Must be able to relocate within 90 minutes from base.
- Due to our operations, this position is NOT commutable.
- Schedules differ with base location, but you can expect to be scheduled 4 days per week.
- Schedules released up to 30 days in advance.
- Guaranteed 13 days off a month, any less than would be paid as a Volunteer Day.
- Must be available for assigned shifts; including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Candidate must be able to work and travel within the United States freely.
- Candidate must have a non-conditional, non-expired green card.
- Candidate must have a valid unrestricted passport.