Pilot Jobs – Air Canada (for AC Express Pilots only)
|Date Posted||31st July 2022|
First Officer Jobs
Pilot - AC Express Pilot Careers Portal (for AC Express Pilots only)
This job posting is exclusively for pilot applicants currently employed by our Air Canada Express Carrier (Jazz Aviation LP) that are interested in employment with Air Canada. If you are not currently employed by one of these companies, please apply to the position Pilot (for non AC-Express Pilots only) (28809).
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Whether a Captain, a First Officer or Relief Pilot, an Air Canada pilot's number one priority is to conduct each flight safely with due consideration to passenger comfort and on-time performance.
While the typical work month consists of approximately 80 hours of flying, pilots spend many additional hours on such ground duties as preparing flight plans, readying the aircraft for departure, and completing post-flight reports. A day's work may vary from a long-range international flight to a sequence of shorter domestic flights. Reserve duty, in which the pilot is "on call", may also be assigned.
Air Canada pilots operate out of one of the four crew bases: Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg or Vancouver. Base preferences are awarded in seniority so pilots must be willing to relocate as assigned. Pilots typically begin their career as a First Officer on domestic aircraft or as a Relief Pilot on long-range, international flights.
To fly for Air Canada, pilots must meet certain basic requirements:
- 2000 hours of fixed wing flying time
- Ability to pass the Air Canada and Transport Canada medical and visual acuity requirements for a Category 1 medical certificate
- Canadian Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL), current Group 1 (Multi-engine) Instrument Rating
- Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status
- The ability to hold a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC)
Pilot applications far exceed job vacancies, so preference is given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements. Examples of desirable additional qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Graduates of a three or four year diploma/degree program from a college or university
- Aviation College degree or diploma
- Commercial or military flight experience
- Jet and/or turbo-prop multi-crew experience
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Diversity and Inclusion:
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
We are aware that coaching programs are being offered by third party companies on Air Canada's pilot interview questions. Please be advised that Air Canada does not endorse any agencies that prepare candidates for our interviews. Candidates who arrive for an interview with prepared answers provided by such agencies are easily recognized and will be assessed accordingly. Interview questions are changed at regular intervals. Providing 'canned' answers will likely result in a poor assessment of your suitability as an Air Canada pilot.