|Date Posted||9th June 2023|
- Seeking applications for A220 Aircraft Captains
- Be a part of an Entry Into Service for a First of Type in Country
- 2-year fixed term or permanent opportunities to live and work in Australia
- Melbourne, Australia location
What’s on offer:
- A new adventure working and living in vibrant Melbourne Australia
- Pathway to Australian permanent residency opportunity for international applicants
- Attractive Salary and Employee Benefits
- A supportive team that will help you with your move
- Generous relocation support for both individuals and families, transit accommodation, transport and attractive benefits available for successful candidates
- Career Growth opportunities and much more
Who are we:
As part of the Qantas Group, National Jet Systems offer an exceptional level of safety and service while playing an important role in connecting communities and industries across Australia. The business is experiencing its most exciting growth opportunity to date as we look forward to introducing the Airbus A220 into our fleet.
To be selected for this role, you will require:
- A220 type rating
- Minimum 100 hours on A220
- Minimum 500 hours command on jet aircraft
- Minimum 1000 hours experience on jet aircraft
- Minimum 4000 hours total
- Current endorsements for Instrument Approach 2D and 3D
- Level 6 English language qualification on your licence
- The ability to pass a CASA Class 1 Aviation Medical Certificate
- ICAO ATPL with ability to transfer to Australian ATPL (or an Australian ATPL)
- The ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol Test
- High level of operational performance
- A working knowledge of International standard regulations, industry guidance and requirements
- Proven ability to lead and collaborate effectively
- Be eligible for an Australian Aviation Security Identity Card (ASIC)
- Hold a passport with at least 6 months’ validity
You’ll join a team where creativity and passion are encouraged. Our people come together to allow us to dream big and deliver successfully.
There are many different opportunities across our team, which means you’ll be able to grow both personally and professionally at Qantas. Your development is a priority for us – so that you can maintain the high standards our customers have come to expect and can continue to develop over time. You’ll be supported from day 1 with on the job training and coaching as well as our formal training opportunities. While you may start in this role, we’ve got a great track record of supporting our people to take their career in so many different directions, the destinations are endless.
The Qantas employee benefits program offers amazing benefits that extend well beyond travel
- We love to travel: Enjoy heavily discounted air travel within Australia and across the globe, both for you and your family and friends, as well as exclusive deals on accommodation and holidays.
- We have flexible leave options: Make use of leave and flexible working opportunities including paid parental leave and the option to purchase additional paid leave for eligible employees.
- We’ll give you access to thousands of rewards: Through our partnerships we can offer you discounts across shopping, food and wine, insurance, health and wellbeing, leisure and entertainment. You can also take advantage of our salary packaging program including motor vehicles, eligible portable electronic devices and professional memberships.
- We’ll support your wellbeing: Whether it’s learning to better support your own and others’ mental health, our interactive wellbeing app or your very own tailored nutrition plan.
The Qantas Group is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply.
If you’re ready to step into a culture that will challenge and excite you, submit an application and let’s explore how we go places together.